For trial customer and customers with small installations, Enterprise Tester provides a set of installation files which will install a SQL Server Express database.
Download Enterprise Tester from http://www.enterprisetester.com/ . Select the Sql-Bundle-Setup file and run the .exe file.
Installation Steps Using the SQL Express Database
Ensure the pre-requisites have already been installed and the various components configured, you can then download and install the Enterprise Tester application.
- Click on the download button and save the file.
- Open the zip file and double click on the Windows Installer Package and select run.
- Select ‘Next’ from the 1st screen displayed.
- Accept the terms of the license and click ‘Next’.
- Select the installation directory and click ‘Next’.
- Then select ‘Install’.
- Click ‘Finish’ to close the installer.
SQL Server Express Database is limited to a maximum database size of 10gb, and limited to up to 1gb of memory to be used by SQL Server and up to 1 CPU.
For larger installations such as 30 user and the 30+ user licenses, we recommend SQL Server 2008 R2 Database.