1) Always upgrade your DEV/TEST Environment before PROD to verify your upgrade process.
2) If you are using Enterprise Tester 4.10 or below, you must upgrade to Enterprise Tester version 5.1 in the first instance, then upgrade to Enterprise Tester version 6.0. You can then upgrade to the latest version of Enterprise Tester.
3) Enterprise Tester 6.1 and above requires .NET framework 4.6.
4) Always check external system compatibility before upgrades.
Enterprise Tester, by default, is installed in your C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory, alongside any other programs you have installed. The folder can be configured to reside on a different drive if you should choose; throughout this document we refer to this folder using the word %ProgramFiles% to avoid confusion.
To upgrade Enterprise Tester using the installer, perform the following steps:
Download the Enterprise Tester installation files from EnterpriseTester-22.214.171.1247-Standard-Setup.
Back Up the following:
If you don't want to back up the entire file structure, these are the specific files needed for restoration:
4. Check IIS Settings so you can reset them if they are changed by the installer.
5. From the downloaded installer, run the .exe file. This will elevate permission to "Run as Administrator" to ensure all
upgrade files can be installed.
6. Restart IIS
7. Start Enterprise Tester. Enterprise Tester may take a couple of minutes to start up, it will be applying database
schema migrations to update the database structure.
If you have changed IIS settings you may need to reapply defaults to upgrade via the installer and then reapply the settings after the upgrading:
IP Address: All unassigned