Back Up the following:
- ET Database
- For trial users this can typically be found in %ProgramFiles%\Catch Limited\Enterprise Tester\Data (backup the entire folder)
- Otherwise consult with your database administrator or database specific documentation provided by the vendor
- Logging.config & Web.config Files
- Typically located in %ProgramFiles%\Catch Limited\Enterprise Tester\Web
- Search Index folder
- Typically located in %ProgramFiles%\Catch Limited\Enterprise Tester\Web\app_data\Index
- Attachments if you store these in your File System
- The default location for storing attachments is %ProgramFiles%\Catch Limited\Enterprise Tester\Data\Attachments\
- ET Database
Verify IIS Settings
If you have changed these settings you may need to reapply defaults to upgrade via the installer and then reapply the settings after the upgrading:
IP Address: All unassigned
No host header configured
Virtual directory named "EnterpriseTester"
From V4.6, run the .exe file of the EnterpriseTester-X.X.XXXX-Standard-Setup.zip installation files. These files will not install a database. The .exe file will elevate permission to allow the installation of all files. When upgrading to V4.5 or earlier, please refer to this upgrade guide.
If you made any changes to IIS settings, reset these back to the original settings.
- Restart IIS
Start Enterprise Tester