- Installation and Upgrade Guide
Managing Your Organization
Users and Groups
Managing Picklist Values
Migrating Enterprise Tester from one server to another
Versioning & Version Control
Screen Field Configuration
Searching & TQL
Earlier Versions of this Documentation
There are 3 options for installing Enterprise Tester:
Installation Steps Using the SQL Express Database (2008)
For trial customer and customers with small installations, Enterprise Tester provides a set of installation files which will install a SQL Server Express database (using an User Attached Instance).
Download Enterprise Tester from Enterprise Tester 5.1.1907-SqlBundle-Setup. Select the EnterpriseTester-X.X.XXXX-Sql-Bundle-Setup file and run the .exe file.
Ensure the prerequisites have already been installed and the various components configured, you can then download and install the Enterprise Tester application.
- Click on the download button and save the file.
- Open the zip file and double click on the EnterpriseTester-X.X.XXXX-Sql-Bundle-Setup file and run the .exe file.
- Select ‘Next’ from the 1st screen displayed.
- Accept the terms of the license and click ‘Next’.
- Select the installation directory and click ‘Next’.
- Then select ‘Install’.
- Click ‘Finish’ to close the installer.
SQL Server Express Database is limited to a maximum database size of 10gb, and limited to up to 1gb of memory to be used by SQL Server and up to 1 CPU.
For larger installations such as 30 user and greater, we recommend SQL Server 2008 R2 Database.
Installation Steps Using Another Database Server
If you are planning to configure your own production database on another server download the Enterprise Tester installation Enterprise Tester 5.1.1907-Standard-Setup . Before attempting to install Enterprise Tester for use with another database ensure that you follow the steps below.
Before Installing Enterprise Tester
- Create an empty database on your SQL server.
- Ensure that the user you intend Enterprise Tester to use when accessing the database has been given correct permissions to create and remove tables, columns, indexes, constraints etc.
Installing Enterprise Tester Using the Standard Setup
The following steps must be completed before you access Enterprise Tester:
- This set of installation files do not install a database. Run the .exe file to initiate the installation of all the required files (the .exe file may elevate permission levels so that all components can be installed).
- Configure the web.config database details.
- Access Enterprise Tester site via Start -> All Programs -> Enterprise Tester -> Enterprise Tester.
- There will be a small delay as the application creates all the tables in the target database, before performing the initial configuration which will guide you through seting your organization name, license details and administrative user.
Once this has completed, you can access Enterprise Tester and complete the initial setup. If an error occurs upon starting due to an incorrect connection string, if you edit the web.config file it should then trigger the application to start again. Once restarted, refresh the page for the Enterprise Tester website, and have it attempt to create all the tables again. If the error occurred for another reason i.e. insufficient permissions, you will need to restart IIS / the default website, so you can attempt to run the installation process again.
Zip File Installation
Follow the help article Zip File Installation.