Diagnosing authentication issues can be difficult - there are a number of possible issues that can occur:
- Incorrectly configured authentication method
- Authentication methods are disabled
- Servers etc. that methods rely on cannot be contacted
- Username does not exist
- Username exists in directory, but does not exist in Enterprise Tester
- Password is incorrect
On the authentication methods toolbar select Test Authentication:
You can then check your authentication method from the screen.
Enter a username and password, then click "Run Test" button which will then attempt to authenticate the user against all enabled authentication methods.
- Overall success is reported via two fields "Success" and "User Exists". Both these must be true for the user to be able to log into Enterprise Tester successfully.
- By clicking the plus icon next to a row you can see authentication details